Discover the Difference
With so many school choices, what makes St. Mary School different?
There is a powerful difference in a St. Mary School education! People visiting our school for the first time comment on the courtesies extended to them by our students and staff. Students, even the youngest, make eye contact and greet people. Without prompting, students hold doors open for guests, teachers, and each other. Visitors continually comment on the respectful, active learning environment they find in our schools.
What's Happening at St. Mary
Considering a Catholic Education?
Three years ago I accepted the position of principal here at St. Mary School. It has been a privilege and a joy ever since! St. Mary School is located in the heart of historic Chardon Village. It is a beautiful setting for a school with numerous local opportunities both for collaboration and learning. But most importantly, the people of St. Mary School – students, teachers, parents – are so very welcoming and supportive. Immediately one feels the sense of belonging. Everyone is welcomed into our school family and broader community.
I believe that in part this hospitality comes from our mission of “Faith, Family, Future.” It is our strong belief that at St. Mary School parents and teachers work together to foster student success. Our parents have numerous opportunities to share their time and talents with us. We welcome everyone’s contribution.
We are also so blessed to be graduating our fiftieth class this coming spring. Many of our students have parents and grandparents who attended St. Mary School. This is a rich legacy that enriches the lives of our students through deep roots in the past that help us navigate the future with guidance and love.
We are also very grateful to be a part of St. Mary Parish. Our priests and parishioners support our efforts in every way. Our students attend an all-school Mass every week. Our priests are present in the classrooms, at Para-liturgies, and even attend some field trips. Our Deacon instructs the student body with faith-based in information every week on our all-school broadcast. We are more than a school family. We are part of the family of Christ!
Come and experience the difference! St. Mary School has so much to offer! You will not be disappointed!
Check out the Principal's Corner for current information and announcements.
Mrs. Mary Petelin, principal
St. Mary School provides a quality Catholic education. We strive to develop each student’s unique potential in an environment of Faith, in cooperation with the Family, and with a vision for the Future.
We believe in:
- Developing faith formation through knowledge of Catholic Doctrine and promoting faith in action
- Fostering stewardship opportunities that extend from personal involvement to the parish and community
- Encouraging each student to be self-motivated in all areas of academics and personal growth
- Building a solid foundation in core curriculum through the use of best practices including differentiated instruction
- Developing and applying academics for real world situations
- Assessing both formally and informally incorporating the use of technology to monitor progress and growth
- Utilizing technology-enhanced instruction to aid in the development of lifelong learners