Geauga County's ONLY STEM Designated School
Read more here
St. Mary Annual Trunk or Treat 2018
Welcome our new principal!
August 8, 2018
Dear St. Mary School Families,
My name is Friederike Wintersteller and I am excited to introduce myself as the new principal of St. Mary School. I am honored to have been selected to join the St. Mary School community.
Over the past 20 years, I have worked as a teacher and administrator. I am from Essen, Germany where I was a licensed elementary assistant principal prior to moving to the United States in 2008.
For the past ten years, I have been teaching grades K-5 at Andrews Osborne Academy in Willoughby. My international background offers a different viewpoint and has allowed me to successfully work with diverse groups of students. I served on various school improvement committees and oversaw teacher professional development and licensure.
My husband Jim and I reside in Concord Township and have two children.
Jimmy (7) and Laura (5) will be attending our school this year.
Inspired by our school’s mission “Faith, Family, Future,” it is my goal to work together and ensure that all children at St. Mary School have an opportunity to learn and grow. I am deeply committed to making a positive difference in the lives of your children. We will accomplish this by setting high academic expectations and providing supportive systems to assure they are met. We are excited to continue to implement best practices and STEM pedagogy to ensure future success of our students and school and embrace the challenges of the future, both academically and in faith formation.
I am very much looking forward to getting to know you and your children and work together to make this a wonderful new school year.
Peace and Joy,
Mrs. Friederike Wintersteller, principal
St. Mary School provides a quality Catholic education. We strive to develop each student’s unique potential in an environment of Faith, in cooperation with the Family, and with a vision for the Future.
We believe in:
- Developing faith formation through knowledge of Catholic Doctrine and promoting faith in action
- Fostering stewardship opportunities that extend from personal involvement to the parish and community
- Encouraging each student to be self-motivated in all areas of academics and personal growth
- Building a solid foundation in core curriculum through the use of best practices including differentiated instruction
- Developing and applying academics for real world situations
- Assessing both formally and informally incorporating the use of technology to monitor progress and growth
- Utilizing technology-enhanced instruction to aid in the development of lifelong learners